Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sales Manager- Sheraton Rockville Hotel


Hello there! I would like to introduce myself as another team member of the Sheraton Rockville Crew. I am the Sales Manager for our gorgeous, brand new hotel in the heart of the King Farm Community. To my fellow co-workers, I am also known as the office klutz constantly spilling drinks everywhere but I blame this talent on the endless supply of Starbucks coffee that our hotel offers to the guests and employees.
Aside for my love of coffee, I am a self-declared "foodie" (meaning obsessed with all things edible). I used to live in Kentlands, which is a stone's throw away from the King Farm Community. Between these two developments, there is an endless list of restaurants which caters to every palette. My absolute favorite is Bonefish in Kentlands followed by Thai Farm across the streeet from our hotel. My love for dining is probably innate since I was born and raised in the Philippines where the culture of hospitality is centered on food. All my happy memories growing up seem to be related on a meal of some sort. I came to the states when I was nineteen and love living in the DC metro area. I now live in DC with my five year old Shar-pei, Dozer (originally named after bulldozers for his built but now aptly named for the amount of sleeping or "doz-ing" that he does). I am also a veteran fan of Texas Hold 'Em (a trait from my Dad) and a rookie fan of hockey, specifically our town's very own Washington Capitals. I am also a loyal fan of Starwood Hotels for many perks and reasons to share on this blog. I have enjoyed working in the hospitality industry since 2004. I hope to continue to grow my career and learn more during my time spent at the Sheraton Rockville.

Carla Carandang
Sales Manager, Sheraton Rockville

No comments: