Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Seasons Greetings from the Sheraton Rockville Food & Beverage Team!


Season Greetings!! My name is Winsett Roye, Director of Food and Beverage at the Sheraton Rockville. I have been in my current role for almost two years. Before moving to the D.C, Maryland area, I lived in Miami and Chicago. My friends think I’m a little crazy because I prefer cold weather over summer and get really excited when the weather forecast calls for snow. Maybe my next job should be somewhere cold with plenty of snow.


I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I enjoy skiing and biking. When I was living in Chicago, a friend of mine convince me to participate in a bike drive. He forgot to mention that it was 150 miles over two days. It was a fundraising event to benefit the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The National MS Society is a collective of passionate individuals who want to do something about MS now—to move together toward a world free of multiple sclerosis. MS stops people from moving. The society exists to make sure it doesn't. They help each person address the challenges of living with MS through their 50-state network of chapters. The Society helps people affected by MS by funding cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education, and providing programs and services that help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.

My first year, my main motivation was to complete the challenge not knowing that I was riding for two individuals really close to me living with such a devastating disease. Soon after my first ride, I learned that my cousin and my best friends’ wife both suffered from MS. I would like to encourage you to participate in such events. It is rewarding to know that you can help and hopefully come closer to a cure for such terrible diseases. It will be the most rewarding journey you’ll ever make.

If you are in the Rockville area, come and visit us. Our Food & Beverage staff is one of the finest teams you will ever meet. They truly take pride in what they do. We hope to see you soon.

Winsett Roye
Food & Beverage Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment